Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring is heeeerre (i think)


Sooo SPRING is finally here (or so they say; it was snowing just the other day here in NYC) but regardless it's 'here'. That means that we're saying bye bye to the heavy winter makeup and pale skin and hellooo to  soon-to-be tan lines, tinted moisturizers, sun, and pure happiness. I am beyond happy that Spring is 'here' because it means we're closer to summertime and the Lord knows how sick and tired I am of this cold weather. But getting back to my point, when it all comes down to it, the heavy, fall, dull [just kidding my beautiful plums and browns, you know I looooove you] products in our makeup bags right now will be put aside and will be replaced with vibrant and light ones. Spring is all about color, POW! types of hues of course. What are my spring must haves? Well I'm glad you asked. Here is my List:

Waterproof Mascara
I think we should own a waterproof mascara ALL year round.
Emerald Eyeshadow
Pantone's Color of the Year. Anything emerald will do. This color is beyond words, vibrant, flashy, AWESOME. 
Tinted Moisturizer
Killing two birds with one stone: Coverage & Moisture. It's light and easy to work with.
Coral Lipstick
Coral itself is a beautiful color, but during the spring and summertime it's a fantabulous color. You cannot go wrong with coral on the lips.
SPF Skin Moisturizer
During this time of the year, our skin is exposed more. We cannot forget how important it is to protect our skin from the sun. Yes, the sun is great and we all love to tan, BUT it can kill us (sorry), so protect yourself  with an SPF moisturizer- its always better to be safe than sorry.
Curl Locking Formula
Our beautiful locks of hair will be wet most of the time [ain't nobody got time for hot salons] so purchase a good curl lotion, to keep your hair soft, frizz-free, healthy, and gorgeous!
  
Colorful Nail Polish
This is what I mean by POW! colors; CoralEmeraldTealYellow, anything that will pop will do. Just put that baby on your nails and wear it like a boss.
Chapstick
Sometimes, people neglect the lips [I don't know why, if this is such an important part on our face]. They get hurt as well by our little friend, the Sun, so protect them with a chapstick and please make sure that it has some SPF in it.

Pink Blush
No more brown [gosh who am I kidding, I will never get rid of my brown blush, I love it too darn much hahaha] but seriously, a pink blush would not hurt [this is me trying to take my own advice as I type]. It can  make a difference.

Lastly, Deep clean your brushes and get rid of winter germs!!!!! Yikes.
You can use a good cleanser or baby shampoo. 


***This is my theory about ANYTHING that has to do with babies, by babies I mean baby shampoo, baby wipes, baby oil, etc. IF IT'S GOOD FOR A BABY IT'S GREAT FOR US.***


hope this comes in handy. Love you all. xoxo


Follow me on TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM:
 Meykuhpflair

No comments:

Post a Comment