Friday, November 2, 2012

The importance of knowing the minimum about makeup



My lovely readers, I apologize for not posting yesterday. I was so busy running around looking for face paint for a party I'm doing in about a week. I did download the blogger app so I will be posting more often, probably even twice in one day. Nevertheless, I was sitting on the super packed train and this lady walks in looking like a hot mess [makeup wise]. I really wanted to stand up and give her my card, but that probably would've came off as rude. Don't get me wrong, she was a lovely girl, but her makeup was a mess. Honestly I believe you can be the prettiest girl and if your makeup is a mess, FORGET ABOUT IT. Her foundation was not her actual tone causing her real skin tone to stand out from under the light foundation. You can tell she was trying to hide a couple pimples on her cheek by apply lots of concealer. Her eyeshadow was creased and the eyebrow powder she used was way off. I know I'm critizing so much but I swear there's a purpose. Anyways, the lesson here is that if you are going to wear makeup just make sure you know the minimum about the stuff you use:

- Know your Foundation Color/Number (Remember that your skin tone changes between seasons)

- Know what eye shadows flatter you the most (If you're scared of color go NEUTRAL)

- Make sure your Brow pencil/powder matches your natural color

- If you want to prevent creasing on your eyelids, consider purchasing a primer. ELF has a great quality eye primer for an extraordinarily cheap price. Urban Decay also has a great set of eye primers.

- If you want to cover acne or pimples the worst thing to possibly do is to cake that area with makeup. The only thing that does is enhance the pimple and make it more obvious. Try dabbing a tiny bit of concealer before applying foundation and then a little after applying foundation.

Had her foundation at the very least match her tone I'm sure I wouldn't be posting this. The foundation is what sets a common ground for the makeup. It evens your face and gives you a flawless finish. I honestly believe that if you have your foundation tone on point, you're good to go.


I hope this helps you and saves you from leaving your house looking like a hot mess (I care about you guys way too much). :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment